Clean Beauty 2021
What is clean beauty?
How to Get Started with Clean Beauty
Trying to carefully choose ingredients from the list and making the switch to non-toxic beauty can be pretty confusing; it takes years to learn about the ingredients to watch out for and overhaul all of your skincare and makeup products. If you're just starting your journey into clean beauty, here are a few easy alternates that are recommended:
- Deodorants: A lot of regular deodorants are antiperspirants, meaning they stop you from sweating and prevents odor, which your body was naturally designed to do to cool down and release toxins. The antiperspirants you have been using typically include aluminum zirconium, which has been associated with breast cancer. O the other hand, clean deodorants use organic essential oils, clays, baking soda, and other non-toxic ingredients to help prevent bacteria and keep you dry. It usually takes your body a few weeks to adjust to the clean deodorant, so keep in mind that you need to give it time.
- Cleansers: This product is a must-have in any skincare regime but regular facial cleansers and body washes can contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), which produces their foam. However, this foaminess doesn't do any benefit for your skin and SLS can irritate your skin. Since cleansers are being used all over your body, this is an important switch to make.
- Moisturizers: Everyone needs a boost of hydration, hence moisturizers are important. These moisturizers often include cheap filler ingredients (like petroleum), and synthetic emulsifiers, and various harmful preservatives, while the clean alternatives are packed with nourishing, skin-loving ingredients from the earth and nature. Just like cleansers, moisturizers are also used all over, so they're a good place to start to switch.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.